Friday, March 21, 2008

Zooted up

Nice little ride today along the waterfront today.
It was sunny but colder than a well diggers arse.
Came across Charlene Waldner running along out there. She's now working hard to become a massage therapist and having to notch the training WAY back. She tells me she'll focus on running a good marathon in the spring. Good choice. Running delivers the greatest return on your training time investment and she always was a strong runner.
Best of luck to her!

Later I decided to take my new Zoot Ultra TTs out for a little spin. I decided to run them as intended - sockless. They're insanely comfortable when you try them on and they proved to be mostly during the run. I did 30' of running and about 15' of drills. By the end of the run I was beginning to feel a blister form on the inside of my arch on the right foot. My left foot felt perfect.
Now it should be noted, I have exceedingly flat feet. May have something to do with the blister.
Otherwise the shoe felt great. I'm looking forward to putting a few more miles in them.

Came home from the run to a note from Sam McGlone waxing lyrical about a 3 hour plus trail run she did with a few others on Wednesday. Sounded epic. When McGlone says it was one of the top ten all time runs in her history, you know it was a good one.
So now I'm already missing Tucson!

No comments: