Saturday, March 15, 2008

Day Eleven - Back to Gates Pass



Getting ready to ride.


Took van duty today but still managed to get in 90' on the bike.
I drove over Gates Pass, parked the van then joined the group for a few loops of McLean Creek.
The knee was still a little tender but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I'm confident it won't be an issue.



Pete leading the gang up the Pass.




The gang in the side view!


We got back to the hotel to find a nice big box of NUUN waiting for us!!! This is a product that both Pete and I dig. I have a hard time drinking water. I'd rather a coke or a beer but with Nuun in the house I'll drop a tab in glass of H2O and I get a fine drink with the added bonus of electrolytes!
I've been using it now for the first few hours of all my rides before switching over to a traditional sports drink. Great way to train the body to burn fat. Lord knows, my body is not so good at that!

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

What is NUUN? and how does it train your body to burn fat?

Skippy Two Shoes said...

Well, YOU have to train your body to burn fat but Nuun will help. It's a tablet you drop in your water to add needed electrolytes but no calories.