Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day Eight - Lemon Aid

Before I talk about the day EVERYONE was both dreading and looking forward to, I really need to talk about how freakin' COOL it was to have Ian and Garth from Specialized at this camp!!



Specialized arrives!



Garth and Ian (on the right).

This is not me selling out to pimp their product - Ian's already given me a ton of shit with no strings attached so I've got nothing to gain but I really need to comment on a few things.
1) I tried out one of their new helmets. I don't know what model it is but it feels like you're riding without a helmet on your noodle!!
2) I already mentioned the Footbeds, but what must be a fraction of what a custom orthotic would cost a set of these could save a lot of triathletes some serious money and some serious pain.
3) The coolest glasses ever. When they're in the shade they're amber "happy" glasses. In the bright sun they blacken up darker than Ken Starr's heart.



I AM SPECIALIZED!!

Not only did they bring swag but they brought bikes for people to try. One fellow had the misfortune to arrive without a bike and Ian had him on a steed faster than you could say Transition. Garth was out there everyday in the heat doing mechanical work on everyone's rides, whether it was a Specialized or not. He also had Abigail with him. The sweetest dog this side of the Rockies!


Cliff Brenda and Abagail.

Mount Lemon:
I made it to the top. Not much else to say. It's an epic ride. The biggest I've ever done.
One of the riders was reduced to tears when she made it to the top. Last year she failed at mile 17. Making was pretty emotional for her.
You go from desert and cacti to evergreens and snow.
A few pictures:



On the way up.



Bobbie nears the top.


Made it to the top.

No comments: