Monday, March 10, 2008

Day Three - Talking to God

Day two did not end well. Not well at all. It seems I, he of the garberator gut, finally met his match. I'm not sure if it was the tap water or the turkey breast from Trader Joes but something didn't work and it was in an evening of hell. On the up side, I definitely lost some weight.
Sadly, good friends, Sam McGlone and Cliff English showed up at the room, six pack in hand ready to have a nice visit. I had to huddle in the corner and excuse myself every four minutes. Not the best way to greet friends.



The night was spent tossing and turning, hot and cold and running to and fro.
The original plan for the following morning was to repeat the ride the four of us had taken to mile six of Mt Lemon. I was to drive the van to the mile mark, pull out my bike, back track and join up with the group. That plan was certainly out the window. My concern now was whether I'd even be able to drive the van.
The morning would tell.

No comments: