Thursday, March 20, 2008

Home again

Well, what a great trip. Came home with a renewed vigor for both coaching and training.
This morning, after sleeping for 10 hours straight, I woke to find myself weighing 169.5 pounds. That's 2.5 pounds lighter than my 2002 Ironman weight. What a great way to start the season!
To add to the excitement, Peter has agreed to overlook my training. It's a tremendous honour but it also comes with responsibility. Pete coached me in 2004, a year fraught with injury. Still I exceeded all expectation in the Hurricane Hill Challenge but an inability to to run in the final 6 weeks leading up to IMC virtually assured me of a sub par performance. This year one of my obvious goals will be to remain injury free. So far so good.
Pete expects a lot from his athletes. I will endeavor to not disappoint.

I'll do a little unloading over the easter weekend then start a solid build to take me into Wildflower.
One of the first thing he's asked me to consider is to use my road bike for Wildflower.
I think it's a good idea. Hills are not my strength but with my Argon Platinum dressed in 404s it will weigh in at least 4 lbs lighter than my P3.


I'm sure looking forward to this season.

No comments: