Sunday, March 2, 2008

End of the unload


Friday and half the day Saturday I had the pleasure of looking after Lori Bowden's little boy Tyson. I've been spending time with Tyson since shortly after his birth and he certainly can be counted as one of the good things in my life. He's two now and is a very good little boy. He's happy by nature and not a whiner in the least. Lori has done a great job of raising him on her own. But this was our first overnight visit. We had a great time but there was little sleep involved. Yesterday - as I wrote, I felt weak on the bike.
Last night I slept 11 hours straight and then napped for 2 hours this afternoon. Not sure what that's all about as 7 hours usually covers me for a 24 period. Like my grandmother used to say - "I guess I needed it."
My final workout for this down week was to be an easy 40' run. I shit you not - I bonked after 20'. How is that possible?!? Well, I know how it's possible but I just didn't think it could happen to me!
Next week it's off to Tucson and the beginning of a 3 week build. I'll have some challenges with the travel days and such, but I'm always up for a challenge.
Sure hope I feel better than I did during this down week!!


Rachel Keirs and her husband Mike joined me this weekend for the ride yesterday and more importantly a swim this morning with my camera capturing all their sins. Like most swimmers - the majority of their sinning involved dropped elbows. Nothing like seeing it on the screen. If it's on TV it must be true.
Was also very pleased to see Heather Wurtele had brought her right arm over from the other time zone it had been working in for the past year.

No comments: