Monday, February 25, 2008

Day Off

This is my first day off in some time. Yesterday saw the end of a three week build - my first of the season - in fact my first real build since 2004. My weekly progressions had me crowding 20 hours in my final week. To be frank, by the time I hit Sunday I had anticipated being in the penalty box but I didn't feel too badly at all. Too bad.
However - that all changed when I woke up this morning. My weight was down to 172.5 - a 1/2 pound off my lowest IM weight so that was great but I how I felt was not - light headed and weary to the bone.
Near the end of the build my sleep was starting to get a little disrupted but not bad enough to worry about. It was only the last few nights.
This morning I was on deck for a swim session. I felt like an old man and very nearly needed a lawn chair to make it through the session. Julia, one of the swimmers in my group, had a little boy 7 weeks ago. She brings Lucas to the pool and I keep an eye on him while she schools everyone in the workout. If he gets to fussing I pick him up and pack him about. I generally give the cradle a kick or two to make sure he's okay, that's usually when I get to pick him up. However this morning, after about 5 minutes of bonding time I started to feel light headed. I started to worry I was going to pitch forward and put the both of us in the drink. Lucas went back into the cradle and I did some serious leaning for the remainder of the workout.
So today will be a complete day off and I'll not crack nine hours for the week.
Maybe I'll get something done.

No comments: