Monday, February 11, 2008

Cedar 12k



Adrienne happy for her friends or the fact that her four hour bike ride to watch the race was over?
Paul, Lysanne and me.

Drove up to the Cedar 12k with Paul Smith and Lysanne Lavigne. We didn't time it great and arrived about 12 minutes before the start. Got our numbers and warmed up for 8 minutes. Felt like crap. My legs were heavy from those repeats up Willis the day before. I know from experience not to trust how I feel during my warm-ups. It can go either way.
In this case the race was much better. I was able to work hard from beginning to end and the Achilles was good. Went 52:12, a minute faster than I did last year. That's positive.
Peter is fond of saying - slow in February, fast in August. This year I'm going to prove him right.
Race weight was 176. Not too bad but still a long way to go.

1 comment:

AS said...

I'm never happy to end a ride... so definitely happy for my friends : )