Saturday, February 14, 2009

There are bad people out there. Be careful.

I have a sad little event to talk about it.
Chris Brown and Sara Gross, two professional athletes and two good people recently had a bad night.
They both have made tremendous sacrifices to pursue the triathlon dream but a few weeks ago that sacrifice took a big jump!
Right now the couple are living in a trailer in Tucson in order to get in necessary warm weather training.
As you can imagine (and some of you know) this is a tight lifestyle to manage.
It sure doesn't help to have some fuck head come in the middle of the night and steal your bikes that are chained to side of the trailer.
Brand new Cervelo P3s with SRMs. Absolutely heart breaking.

I'm not sure what makes me more angry - that some derelict might have pinched them for $50 worth of crack or they were the victim of an organized bike theft ring that will realize top dollar for a hot, hot bike?

It's a long shot but these two deserve something good to happen to them.
Anybody who might have a lead will gain massive karma points.

I'm working on a photo of Chris' black and white P3 but here's a pic of Sara's ride:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

! thieves think they stole a bike...more than that...dream stealers.

My house was once broken into and a whack of stuff stolen, much of it sentimental, stereo etc.
I made a plea in the newspaper to have it returned and a week later, early Sat mornin the stuff was on my lawn.

hope they get their bikes back

Unknown said...

My road bike, which wasn't even close to the caliber of most of you, was stolen during my 18 yr. old son's memorial service. There are just some evil people out there and I really, really hope karma prevails. I have told everyone in Orange, Ca is they see my bike to not only run over them, to drag them for awhile and then back over them. Some people just deserve it.

Skippy Two Shoes said...

There are times when believing in hell would give me great comfort.